Experienced Southern California Immigration Lawyers
Serving the Southern California/Los Angeles area, the Law Offices of Joshua L. Goldstein, P.C. offers professional legal services to assist you with matters in the following areas: family based immigration, deportation and removal defense, citizenship and naturalization, as well as specialized employment-based processes. We are passionate about the work we do and want to help you get the immigration benefits you seek. To set up a consultation with one of our experienced immigration attorneys, call our Los Angeles office today to schedule a consultation. There is a fee for the consultation, which will be credited toward the legal fee in your larger case if you choose to hire us. You are not obligated to hire us, and by consulting us, you have not officially hired our office. The consultation is a one-time, no obligation appointment that can help to answer your immigration questions and address your concerns.
What You Can Expect From An Immigration Consultation
When you come in for your consultation at our Los Angeles office, you will have the opportunity to meet us, get acquainted with our firm, and it will also give us a chance to learn about your immigration matter.
In order to have the most productive meeting possible, we want to thoroughly review the circumstances of your case. To do this effectively, it is very important that you bring in all of the immigration paperwork that you have in your records. It may seem like some of the papers are not important, but please, bring them all. Having all of the paperwork will help us accurately determine what types of benefits you may be eligible to apply for. If you have ever worked with another immigration attorney, please bring a copy of your entire file.
Additionally, if you have ever been to criminal court, please bring in all of the paperwork that you have associated with your criminal matters.
If you do not speak English fluently, please bring an interpreter with you. Additionally, if you are interested in applying for a marriage-based immigration benefit, we recommend that you bring your spouse or fiancee with you to the consultation.
During your consultation, you will meet one-on-one with an experienced immigration lawyer to discuss the following:
- The details of your immigration history;
- The types of immigration benefits you want to apply for;
- The immigration benefits or relief you may be eligible for, as well as the requirements you must meet to have your application approved;
- A general overview of the process and timeline involved in whatever benefit you hope to pursue; and
- Estimates of the legal fees and filing fees associated with the legal services our firm can provide for you.
What Not To Expect From Your Consultation
At the Law Offices of Joshua L. Goldstein, P.C., you can expect the initial consultation to answer many of your questions and provide basic information on immigration benefits you may be eligible for, as well as information about the procedures required to get those benefits.
At the same time, it is important to be aware of what not to expect during this visit:
- A consultation does not establish an attorney-client relationship. While we would be honored to have the privilege of representing you in your immigration matters, you do not automatically become a client of our firm simply by having a one-time consultation. If you choose to have us represent you in your immigration matters, and if our firm accepts your case, a written representation agreement would be required to establish an attorney-client relationship. Our paid, no-obligation consultation does not constitute a representation agreement. It does not obligate you to have us represent you in your legal matters, nor does it obligate our attorneys to provide additional services beyond the consultation itself.
- We cannot review any immigrant paperwork you have done on your own. There are numerous, often complex, immigration laws that govern immigration processes in the United States. One of the benefits of hiring an experienced immigration lawyer is that your attorney has the legal knowledge needed to ensure that your documents are properly filed and that you ultimately get the benefit you are seeking. We advise against pursuing immigration benefits on your own. If you choose to represent yourself, please be aware that we cannot review your documents for errors or accuracy during a consultation.
Immigration Consultation Fees
The typical immigration consultation fee is $97 for a consultation that lasts up to 25 minutes. This fee is credited towards your final bill in the event that you decide to retain the Law Offices of Joshua L. Goldstein, P.C. to handle your immigration case within 7 days of our first meeting. We accept all major credit and debit cards as well as payment in cash or money order. But we do not accept payment by personal check.
The consultation fee is fully credited towards the total legal fee in your case if you choose to retain our firm within seven days of your consultation. Additionally, in many cases we offer free consultations for corporate clients.
The legal fees for each type of case vary depending on the particular facts and circumstances of your case. While your case may seem straightforward to you, each case is unique and there may be legal issues that you are unaware of that can only be properly assessed in a consultation. For this reason, we are unable to provide fee estimates without an initial consultation.
Schedule Your Consultation With Our Los Angeles Immigration Attorneys Today
If you need guidance on immigration issues, contact the Law Offices of Joshua L. Goldstein, P.C. to schedule your initial consultation today.