Monterey Park Immigration Lawyer
If you are considering emigrating to the United States or have recently come to this country and are now navigating the process of becoming a citizen, work with an experienced immigration lawyer in Monterey Park to make the process easier. There are many legal issues that can come up during the immigration and naturalization processes, some of which can make it difficult or impossible to stay in the country if they are not addressed properly. That’s why it’s important to discuss any legal issues you face with the best immigration lawyer in Monterey Park. An attorney who has experience handling immigration issues on both the east coast and west coast.Monterey Park, California is one of the cities in Los Angeles county that is characterized by its rapidly-growing immigrant population. It currently has the largest Asian American population of any municipality in the United States. Knowing that there is a substantial population of immigrants and their American-born descendants can make a particular city attractive to individuals who are considering emigrating to the United States because of the linguistic and cultural opportunities offered in that city.
Driving Directions from Monterey Park, CA
If you’re in need of a Monterey Park immigration lawyer, visit our office in central Los Angeles. We’re only 20 minutes away from Monterey Park! Click here for driving directions.
- Get on the I-10 W in Alhambra
- Continue on I-10 W to Los Angeles. Take exit 2B from US-101 N
- Take Arcadia St and N Broadway to W 2nd street
Public Transportation Directions
Our law office is just one bus away from Monterey Park. We recommend visiting the Los Angeles County Metro trip planner to plan your trip to our offices, to avoid any unexpected delays or route changes. The nearest metro station is Civic Center/Grand Park Station.
- Take the 70 – Downtown LA – Broadway – Venice from Garvey/Atlantic
- Get off at 1st St and Hill E
- Walk down Hill E and take a left on W 2nd St
Working with Applicable California and Federal Law
You can potentially face legal issues with regard to federal regulations or state law. As an individual residing in California, you need to be aware of both California laws, such as the Health for All Act and the Safe and Responsible Driver Act, as well as federal laws like the Immigration Nationality Act and other laws enforced by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Some examples of legal issues that can come up during the immigration process include:
Green Card Problems
There are multiple ways to obtain a green card, the document that you need to allows you to live and work in the United States permanently. Whether you are the spouse or another family member of a United States citizen has an impact on how you can obtain your green card. Sometimes, green card-related issues can come up for family members and conditional residents. When this is the case, it is important to reach out to a qualified immigration attorney to help navigate these situations.
When an individual who is not a citizen of the United States is detained for an immigration-related offense, he or she may use an immigration bond to get out of jail. This is a sum of money that can be used to release the individual that is paid back to him or her if he or she complies with the court and immigration authorities. As an experienced immigration lawyer in the Monterey Park area, the Goldstein Immigration Lawyers can help settle issues with immigration bonds.
Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
Children and young adults under the age of 21 who are not married and have been neglected, abused, or abandoned by their parents can qualify for Special Immigrant Juvenile status if they meet certain criteria. Individuals with this status can apply for legal permanent residency without having to worry about some of the obstacles that others face, such as inadmissibility due to working without a permit or falsely claiming to be a United States citizen. If you need help navigating the special immigrant juvenile status application process and are looking for the best immigration lawyer in Monterey Park don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Work with an Experienced Monterey Park Immigration Attorney
Joshua L. Goldstein is an experienced immigration attorney who can provide you with the legal guidance and representation you need if you are facing any of the following legal issues:
- Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA);
- Deportation, Removal, and Immigration court;
- Cancellation of removal for non-permanent residents;
- Cancellation of removal for permanent residents;
- Immigration bonds;
- Citizenship and Naturalization;
- Obtaining a green card through family;
- Obtaining a green card through marriage;
- Form I-751, Green Card Renewal for Conditional Residents;
- Visas, including Fiancé Visas, Marriage Visas, K-1 Visa, K-3 Visa, and K-4 Visa;
- Fighting immigration delay and Writ of Mandamus;
- Immigrating consultation;
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA);
- Deferred Action (DACA) renewal
- Form I-601A, Waiver Immigration Lawyer;
- Motion to Reopen;
- Cuban Adjustment Act;
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA);
- Immigration benefits for same-sex couples;
- The Immigrant Investor Program, EB-5;
- Documentation for Immigration consultation;
- Extreme Hardship explanation and determination;
- H-1B Visa;
- L-1 Visa;
- O-1 Visa;
- National Best Interest Waiver (NIW) EB-2 Visa;
- P-Visa; and
- R-1 Visa for Religious Workers
What Our Clients Have to Say:
“Josh is a great immigration lawyer in Los Angeles. He helped us with applying for citizenship for my wife and made the entire process easy and clear, plus he’s a really nice guy! I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs help with their immigration status!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
August 22, 2019
Read more reviews on Google!
Contact a Monterey Park Immigration Lawyer Today to Schedule a Consultation
If you are a current or prospective immigrant facing legal problems with any of the forms or issues discussed above, work with the top Monterey Park immigration lawyer to resolve your issue quickly and easily. The Goldstein Immigration Lawyers can help you work through these issues by providing you with quality legal representation and advice. Contact our office today to schedule your legal consultation by calling (213) 262-2000.
*Practice limited to immigration and nationality law. Not admitted to practice in California.
As immigration lawyers in Los Angeles, we specialize in a complete spectrum of services pertaining to immigration, visa and citizenship. Regardless of how simple or complex your unique situation may be, you can place complete trust in our achieving the most favorable outcome possible.
- New California Law Grants Detainees Enhanced Right to Sue For-Profit Prisons for Abuse - October 1, 2020
- California Expands EITC, YCTC Access to All Immigrants: What You Need to Know - September 21, 2020
- Whistleblower Accuses ICE of Medical Neglect, COVID-19 Violations, and Forced Hysterectomies - September 18, 2020