Downey Immigration Lawyer
A person's immigration status can affect their ability to be with their loved ones, raise their children, engage in business, and work to support themselves and their families. Consequently, when people have legal issues related to immigration, the stakes can be extremely high. Downey Immigration Lawyer Joshua L. Goldstein is an ally to immigrants who want to work and raise their family in Downey, CA. Immigration law can be extraordinarily complex and often involves dealing with a number of federal agencies and the bureaucracy that accompanies them. As a result, it is highly advisable for anyone whose immigration status is in question to consult with an experienced Downey immigration lawyer as soon as possible.
Citizenship Rate Growing in Downey
As a suburb of Los Angeles, Downey, California is home to a substantial number of immigrants and U.S. citizens with overseas relatives. The City of Downey itself is a testament to American innovation and culture. It’s the birthplace of NASA’s Apollo space program, home to many celebrities and also the location of the world’s oldest operational McDonald’s. In 2015, about 85% of Downey residents were US citizens, lower than the national average of 93%. The rate of citizenship has been growing over the past several years. Obtaining citizenship and visas is a matter that is regulated by federal law, but there are state laws, such as California’s Dream Act, that may confer significant benefits upon foreign nationals and people who are seeking citizenship.
Driving Directions from Downey
The Goldstein Immigration Lawyers are located just 25 minutes north of Downey via 1-5 or I-710. For updated directions, click here.
- Keep left at the fork to continue on US-101 N
- Take exit 2B from US-101
- Take Arcadia St to N Broadway
Our office is located at 811 W. 7th Street, 12th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90017.
Visit by Public Transit
Our offices are conveniently located near Civic Center/Grand Park Station.. We recommend visiting the Los Angeles County Metro trip planner to plan your trip to our offices, to avoid any unexpected delays or route changes.
Downey Immigration Services
- Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA);
- Deportation, Removal, and Immigration court;
- Cancellation of removal for non-permanent residents;
- Cancellation of removal for permanent residents;
- Immigration bonds;
- Citizenship and Naturalization;
- Obtaining a green card through family;
- Obtaining a green card through marriage;
- Form I-751, Green Card Renewal for Conditional Residents;
- Visas, including Fiancé Visas, Marriage Visas, K-1 Visa, K-3 Visa, and K-4 Visa;
- Fighting immigration delay and Writ of Mandamus;
- Immigrating consultation;
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA);
- Deferred Action (DACA) renewal
- Form I-601A, Waiver Immigration Lawyer;
- Motion to Reopen;
- Cuban Adjustment Act;
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA);
- Immigration benefits for same-sex couples;
- The Immigrant Investor Program, EB-5;
- Documentation for Immigration consultation;
- Extreme Hardship explanation and determination;
- H-1B Visa;
- L-1 Visa;
- O-1 Visa;
- National Best Interest Waiver (NIW) EB-2 Visa;
- P-Visa; and
- R-1 Visa for Religious Workers.
There are many other issues that may arise regarding U.S. immigration law, and people facing matters listed above should not hesitate to call our office today.
Contact Us Today to Schedule a Consultation with a Downey Immigration Lawyer
People who are experiencing issues related to their immigration status should talk to an attorney as soon as possible. The Downey immigration attorneys of the Goldstein Immigration Lawyers are committed to helping people who navigate the labyrinth of the American immigration system as efficiently as possible and bring every case to the most favorable outcome. Contact our office today by calling 213-262-2000 to schedule a consultation with a Downey immigration attorney.
*Practice limited to immigration and nationality law. Not admitted to practice in California.
As immigration lawyers in Los Angeles, we specialize in a complete spectrum of services pertaining to immigration, visa and citizenship. Regardless of how simple or complex your unique situation may be, you can place complete trust in our achieving the most favorable outcome possible.
- President Biden Plans to Send Bill to Congress to Give Legal Status to 11 Million Undocumented Immigrants - January 25, 2021
- SPLC: A Man is Facing a Deportation Because of an Outdated and Racially Discriminatory Law - January 20, 2021
- Immigration Law: A Guide to Spousal Visa Interviews - January 18, 2021