Need A Marriage Green Card Quickly In Los Angeles? Watch This!


Need A Marriage Green Card Quickly In Los Angeles?

I help a lot of people get green cards through marriage. And one of the questions that comes up a lot for my clients in the Los Angeles area is how to get legally married really quickly?

In many locations in and around Los Angeles, it takes several weeks to get a marriage certificate when you apply for a marriage license to get legally married. What’s a faster way around that?

In case you don’t know me, my name is Josh Goldstein. I’m an immigration lawyer in Los Angeles, and I help people and families get work visas, green cards, and citizenship. I help people across the country and around the world.

Why Get Married Quickly?

Here’s how this came up recently. I have a client who was in F1 status as an international student. She had a problem at school and they canceled her student status. They terminated her SEVP status, and her I-20 was no more. So she was out of status. But she did have a U.S. citizen boyfriend.

They’d been thinking about getting married. She was very concerned because suddenly her immigration status was no more, and she wanted to fix that right away. She even worried that she could get put in deportation proceedings and wanted to resolve her immigration status quickly.

How to Get Married Quickly?

So how do you get married really quickly? After all, you have to be legally married in order to apply for a green card through marriage because a legal marriage is the entire basis of the case. Fortunately, there are a couple of solutions.

Las Vegas

One option is to go to Las Vegas. In Las Vegas, you can get married on the spot, 24/7, 7 days a week. You can get married by Elvis right away and you get a marriage certificate. But traveling from Los Angeles to Las Vegas is a hassle and it takes a long time, too.

Ventura County

Another solution is to go to Ventura County or the City of Ventura or Thousand Oaks. In Ventura, they will issue a marriage certificate on the same day.

As an immigration lawyer, I don’t get involved in the process of marrying people or how to get marriage certificates. But if you’re trying to get legally married quickly and you’re in Los Angeles, go to Ventura. That’s your safest bet.

If you have questions or you need help, I’m here for you. Just send me a message or leave a comment below.

Josh Goldstein
Social Media