We have announced our 2018 Scholarship Winner!
The Beverly Hills Immigration lawyers at the Law Offices of Joshua L. Goldstein, P.C. works with clients from all over California but we have a particular fondness for our Beverly Hills clients given their often unique situation. We are pleased to announce our 2018 “Beverly Hills Immigration Lawyers Scholarship”. Our goal is to offer a scholarship to a foreign born student, or child of a foreign born student (with or without lawful status) to help pay for education costs.
We feel the need to help promote the leaders in the community we serve and by helping to provide financial support we’re supporting the future leaders of the community we’re dedicated to serve. We are particularly encouraging applicants from students without traditional sources of financial assistance including, undocumented immigrants, DACA recipients, and students currently in the green card application process. We will be giving out the $1,000 Scholarship by the end of 2018 after our review of scholarship applications is complete.
- Submitting a completed application using the form below
- Be included in one of the following categories: 1. Foreign born student who now resides in the US or 2. US born student whose parents originated from another country.
- Proof of Enrollment or future enrollment in Post-High School education (trade school, graduate school, etc).
We will be selecting a winner based off of the following factors:
- Follows directions provided
- Essay quality
- Transcript from last institute of education
All applications must be submitted by September 30th, 2018.
Choose one of the following topics:
- With the attack on Sanctuary cities continuing and the prospect of a border wall becoming more and more likely – Americans need to hear about the people that are affected. In 450 words or less tell the world how your immigration to America or the immigration experience in general has changed your life or your family’s life for the better.
Essays must be 12 point, Arial font, single spaced with proper grammar and paragraphs. Essay must not contain errors and should be spell checked. The winning essay will be published on our law firm blog. All applicants must allow your essay to be published on on our website and the winner must supply a photo to display with the winning essay. Information submitted for obtaining the scholarship must be honest and accurate. The scholarship winner will be selected and notified by October 7th, 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: I can’t get access to my transcript can I still apply?
Answer: Yes – submit proof of grades anyway you can. Often students will take a picture of their grades on their computer.
Question: When will I be contacted?
Answer: We’ll send you an email when your application has been received and if you’re the selected winner. We’ll be publishing the the winner essay on our website.
Question: What if I have another question – can I contact the firm?
Answer: Due to the number of applicants we can’t now answer any further questions and if you contact the law firm your application will be automatically disqualified.
- Contacting the law firm with questions
- Plagiarizing your essay
- Essays with 451 words or more
Please use the forms below to submit all information needed. Good luck!